What is the Explore tab?
- Browsing spots geographically
- Getting familiar with a new area.
- Identify which spots are working best within a region
How to use it?
3 buttons highlighted in red
Top: search for a spot or region
Middle: be taken directly to your current location
Bottom: to set your home/favorite location. Whenever you launch Surfline, the Explore tab will be set to the determined area.
1. Bring the map to your region of interest.
2. Spots visible on the map can be browsed using the dismissable carousel tab below the map.
3. As you swipe left/right through the spots, the spot selected will show the estimated surf height on the map and the dot will become a pill shape. See below.
4. Click the spot from the dismissable carousel tab to access the forecast page - you cannot click through to spots from the map.
Some spots are grouped together? Others aren't
When zoomed out, you will notice spots are replaced by circles with a number in the middle. The number represents the amount of spots within the given area. The colored border surrounding the circle represents the condition ratings of the spots within. Click any circle to be zoomed in to the area.