- A Surfline Premium membership. You might be eligible for a free trial if you've never joined before. Visit Surfline.com/upgrade
- A Garmin Watch compatible/preloaded with the Surf Activity function (see a list of compatible devices here)
- iPhone with iOS 14 (or more recent), the Surfline iOS app and the Garmin Connect iOS app installed
- A Garmin Connect account
How to connect your Garmin watch to Surfline Sessions
- Make sure you are on the latest version of the Surfline app.
- Sign in to the Surfline app
- Allow location access for Surfline
- Search Surfline in your iPhone settings
- Select Location under ALLOW SURFLINE TO ACCESS
- Set to While Using the App
- Enable Precise Location
- Head to the Account tab (bottom right of app screen)
- Hit Connect a Partner under Connected Accounts
- Choose Connect to Garmin
- Sign in to your Garmin account in the pop up window and follow instructions to connect accounts. Verify your connection on the "Done" screen.
How to generate a Session
- Make sure you've connected Garmin with Surfline
- Make sure you've got the Surf Activity installed
- Make sure your Garmin device is connected to your phone and the Garmin Connect App.
- On your Garmin Watch, select the Surf Activity
- Wait for GPS, this can take a few moments. Do this while you put on your wetsuit...
- When you see the surf activity watch face, be sure to hit START before paddling out.
- When the Session has finished, hit the back button and choose resume or save
- As soon as your watch is close to your phone, your rides will be uploaded to your Garmin Connect app
- Wait a few minutes while we interpret the data and generate your clips
- You will receive a notification from Surfline when your clips are ready.