There are only 5 days (including today) of footage available! Beyond that, the footage is gone.
Instead of waiting for a set to come, open Rewind, select the latest 10-minute clip, and set playback speed to 8x for a quicker surf check!
What is Rewind?
Footage recorded on all of our cams is available to Premium members for access & download from the website or app.
How to use Rewind on the Website
Every cam player on Surfline has a Rewind symbol sitting next to the fullscreen button up in the top right corner of the cam player.
Click the Rewind symbol to be taken to the cam's Rewind page. From the Rewind page, you can still change the cam angle using the Change Angle button.
1. Select the day using the picklist.
2. Select the 10-minute clip that includes the footage you're looking for. E.g. If you caught a special wave at 15:39, your wave would be at the 3-minute mark of a 15:36 video.
3. Use the cam player controls to find the wave in the 10-minute clip. Change playback speed if you aren't sure exactly when you caught the wave to scan through footage faster.
4. Download the clip. Right-click the banner beneath the playback controls and save the clip file. If you left-click the download bar, the file will open in a new tab. We store footage on a different website "camrewinds.cdn-surfline.com" which might trigger a warning message to show - don't worry.
How to use Rewind in the app
Tap the cam player so the buttons show, and hit the Rewind symbol from any cam in the app.
1. Select the day using the picklist. The AM button will bring you to straight to 9 am, or the PM button will bring you straight to 3 pm.
2. Select the 10-minute clip that includes the footage you're looking for.
3. Use the cam player controls to change the cam angle, download the clip or cast the file to another device (AirPlay). Playback speed tools are website only! I recommend downloading the 10 minute clip to find your waves and trim up the clip using the iOS Photos app.
I need footage older than 5 days
If you require archived footage be recovered in the case of a casualty, emergency event or similar, contact email@example.com with the exact cam you believe recorded the footage, and a specific timeline we can work from.
Recovering footage is an extensive process so we appreciate your effort to minimise the workload.
We will need a public health authority or similar to verify your request before we commence the recovery process.