What is the Explore tab?
- Browsing spots geographically
- Getting familiar with a new area.
- Identify which spots are working best within a region
- Quickly access a regional analysis
3 buttons highlighted in red:
- (Top) search for a spot by name or location
- (Middle) be taken directly to your current location
- (Bottom) to set your home/favorite location. Whenever you launch Surfline, the Explore tab will be set to the determined area.
Carousel of spots (below the map)
There is a tab you can pull up from the bottom of the screen that will show spots visible within the map's reach.
(Only when zoomed in enough) the linked regional forecast will reflect the region you're looking at.
As you swipe left/right through the spots in the map's reach; the spot in the center of the carousel will show the estimated surf height. The dot will become a pill shape. This will help you identify a spot's location & surroundings!
When zoomed in...
Surf spots are represented by a colored dot. The color represents the conditions rating, giving you an idea of where might be working.
The surf spot sitting in the center of the carousel will look different on the map. Instead of a dot, it will be a pill shape showing estimated surf height.
Swipe left/right within the carousel to see surf height at surrounding spots.
Note: you cannot click through the dot/pill on the map. You can only access the spot by clicking it on the carousel.
When zoomed out...
You will notice spots are replaced by circles with a number in the middle. The number represents the amount of spots within the given area.
The colored border surrounding the circle represents the condition ratings of the spots within. Click any circle to be zoomed in to the area.
Article is closed for comments.