- Surfline Premium subscription
- Try Premium free: Surfline.com/upgrade
- Apple Watch Series 3 or greater
- An iPhone (iPads cannot sync with Apple Watches)
- Cellular not necessary
- Ensure you have available storage space on your watch
- Sufficient charge to last the Session
- Either the Surfline Watch app or Dawn Patrol Watch app installed
- Sufficient battery (paddle out with more than 75%)
- Be sure to sync your Sessions within 5 days in order to generate clips!
How to connect your Apple Watch to Surfline Sessions
- Make sure you are on the latest version of the Surfline app.
- If the Surfline watch app has not automatically been downloaded to your Apple Watch, install it manually following the directions in this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204784
- Sign in to the Surfline app
- Allow location access for Surfline
- Search Surfline in your iPhone settings
- Select Location under ALLOW SURFLINE TO ACCESS
- Set to While Using the App
- Enable Precise Location
How to generate a Session:
- Go to the app page on your watch, and select the Surfline app
- When you’re ready to paddle out, hit START
- Once your Session begins, you watch will lock into water mode
- To exit water mode, twist the dial on the watch
- Once unlocked, swipe to the right and hit END
- As soon as your watch is close to your phone, your rides will be uploaded to your Surfline iOS app.
- If you are not in proximity of your phone, your Session may need to be manually synced once you are back with your phone. You will need to press "sync" within the Surfline Apple Watch App.
- Hit SYNC NOW or SYNC LATER
- Wait a few minutes while we interpret the data and generate your clips
- You will receive a notification when your clips are ready.