Dawn Patrol is a third-party compatible partner you can use for Sessions. They have a paid subscription option but you do not need it to generate clips.
You will need to connect your Dawn Patrol and Surfline accounts in order to receive your Sessions Clips.
If you're experiencing any kind of issue with the Surfline watch app, trying Dawn Patrol is a great troubleshooting step
- iPhone with Surfline iOS app and Dawn Patrol iOS app installed
- An account with both apps (Surfline and Dawn Patrol).
- A Premium subscription Surfline.
- An Apple Watch
How to connect
- Open the Dawn Patrol app and navigate to the Account tab in the bottom right of the app screen.
- Choose Connect with Surfline below the avatar:
- Enter your Surfline account email and password.
- Read and acknowledge the data sharing agreement.
- After this step, all your previous Dawn Patrol sessions will sync to Surfline and any sessions tracked within the previous 5 days will generate your Sessions Clips!
- Go surfing with Dawn Patrol on your Apple Watch. All of your surf sessions will sync to Surfline and any waves in front of a Surfline cam will generate in clips for you.
The synchronization process will automatically take place once your Dawn Patrol session is visible in the Dawn Patrol app. Your Sessions data should be immediately available, but if it isn't, please refer to Dawn Patrol's Support Center. The Sessions syncing process of uploading your videos may take up to five minutes, but in the approximate time you're done taking off your wetsuit, you'll have Sessions clips ready to relive and share!