Surfline Premium is now available on video-enabled devices that run Alexa.
Go Premium to watch live conditions of your favorite spots completely ad-free — and access all 500 high resolution cams including iconic breaks like Lower Trestles, Ala Moana and New Smyrna.
- First, become a Surfline Premium member.
- Next, open Surfline on Alexa by saying "Alexa, Open Surfline" to your video-enabled Echo device.
- Then, open the Alexa App on your smartphone. The icon should look like this:
- Next, go to the home feed on your Alexa App, which you can access by tapping the home button on the toolbar as shown below:
- There, you'll see a Surfline card* with the words "Link Account" as show below:
- Click "Link Account" and follow the prompts to enter the email address and password you use to log in to your Surfline Premium account.
Once you’ve successfully linked your account, say "Alexa, ask Surfline to show me Pipeline" (or any other Surfline spot with a streaming camera) and enjoy the streams in ten minute segments.
You now have access to hundreds of global surf cams powered by Surfline on your Alexa device.
*Still having trouble?
If you had trouble finding the Surfline card in the home screen of the Alexa companion app, another method for linking your Alexa account with Surfline is as follows:
- Open the Alexa companion app.
- Click the three stripes in the top left corner and click "Skills"
- Next, click "Your Skills" in the top right corner
- Next, click "All Skills" and scroll until you see Surfline
- Surfline should show as "Enabled." If it does not, click "Enable."
- Once you enable, you should be prompted to log in with your Surfline account.
If you show that Surfline is enabled, but you are still not prompted to link your account, click settings, and you should then be prompted to link your account.