- Only works on spots with cams (only available at a small number of spots)
- Values are relative - don't use it to make spot to spot comparisons
- If the forecast is wrong, the lineup prediction will be wrong
What is the Lineup Forecast?
It predicts whether the spot will be busy or quiet across the forecast.
How does it work?
Numbers are derived from our cam network.
Remember: statistics are just statistics and models can have their moments.
Sometimes the model will be more accurate, sometimes less. But we have a good idea about when people surf a spot.
We can tell you
- Which hours of the day are busier/quieter
- Which day of the week is normally more busy
- How the forecast impacts numbers (what kind of conditions attract crowds)
Based on statistics of
Hour of day
Surf quality rating
- (Coming soon) stage of the tide
We aren't factoring in
- Beach closures
- National holidays
We're keen to hear your feedback on this!
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and share your experience, whether positive or negative. We'll take everything on board.