This article describes how to get a detailed request/response log made by your browser.
Open Chrome and navigate to the page where the issue reproduces. Then, follow the steps below:
1. Bring up the developer tools by either of these:
- Using a keyboard shortcut: F12 on Windows; Cmd+Alt+i on Mac OS X; Ctrl+Shift+J on Linux.
- From the Chrome Menu at the top right of your browser window, select Tools> Developer Tools.
2. Navigate to the Network tab in the Developer Tools.
3. Check Disable Cache option to prevent caching of resources for this specific page.
4. Check the Preserve Log option.
5. Refresh the page to start capturing the traffic between the browser and the server.
6. Complete the steps that trigger or demonstrate your issue.
7. Move your mouse pointer over the entries and right-click.
8. Select Save as HAR with Content
9. Specify the location where you want to save it.
10. Send the saved file by submitting a request.
If you use Internet Explorer, please navigate to the page where the problem occurs and follow these instructions:
1. Bring up the developer tools by pressing F12.
2. Navigate to the Network tab in the Developer Tools and press the green Play icon
3. Complete the steps that trigger or demonstrate your issue.
4. Export the log by pressing the floppy disk icon.
5. Send the saved file by submitting a request.