Setting up Custom Surf Alerts enables you to personalize the information you receive about your favorite surf spots. Surfline will send these alerts to you via email (we’re currently having trouble sending SMS notifications to AT&T customers. Please bear with us while we investigate this fix.) You can also choose how often and how far in advance you would like to receive your surf alerts.
To begin customizing your surf alerts…
- Click the “Surf Alerts” tab at the top of the Surfline Homepage
- Then click “set up a custom surf alert now”
- Enter the email which you would like Surfline to send your custom surf alerts
- Then click the blue “Add Surf Alert” button
- From here, you can enter the surf spot that you want to receive information about as well as the specific conditions which you would like to be notified about, and how far ahead you would like to receive these notifications
- Once you’ve finished customizing your Surf alerts, you can also choose from a list of free emails that you would like to receive from Surfline, including the At a Glance regional forecast emails.
- To subscribe to these free emails, click on your username at the top righthand corner of the Surfline homepage, and then click the “Email Offers” tab from the drop down menu
- Once you’ve reached the “Email Offers” page, choose which free emails you would like to receive from Surfline
- Once you’ve changed your emails preferences, click the blue “Save Email Preferences” at the bottom of the page